Thursday, March 12, 2009

Johnny's Hot Dogs: Queen @ Bay



I like a good hot dog from time to time, but try to keep my habit to a mimimum...1) because they're full of fat and chemicals (mmmmmm, nitrates) and (2) some of the people manning the hot dog carts look like they just escaped from an episode of Survivor. Not so with this lady.

Johnny's Hot Dogs at the corner of Queen St. West and Bay St. is my go to hot dog cart. The lady manning the grill is super friendly, wears a crazy hat with a bun on top and always gives me something extra...usually a hunk of Polish sausage added to my hot dog.

She keeps her cart super clean and never uses the same hand that she handles money with to handle your dog (very important).

I've been going to this cart for years. I think her husband (Johnny?) ran it but then passed away and she took it over. Regardless she's a class act and Toronto should be proud to have her as a vendor

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment